About Me

My photo
Hello friends; You have found the perfect blog if you enjoy reading fun stories for children and love great illustrations. Visit often and follow my blog as I expand with many more book titles, poems and illustrations. I also will have information on my book series "Humble Stew" available, too.

Whooo's the Chicken Thief?

Whooo's the Chicken Thief?
My new book has arrived! Click image to order.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Ugly Duckling

Retold and Illustrated by Rachel Isadora
The classic story originally written by Hans Christian Andersen, has been retold many times over the years. This one, however, is my favorite. The illustrations are incredible. The Illustrator, Rachel Isadora, uses painted cut paper to create these beautiful scenes. The colors are rich and dark which brings the African Theme out to its' fullest. I love the African twist to this story, it really captivates and excites the mind into this faraway place. It is a beautiful land I am glad the author was able to share with her readers. This one is a must see!

No comments: