About Me

My photo
Hello friends; You have found the perfect blog if you enjoy reading fun stories for children and love great illustrations. Visit often and follow my blog as I expand with many more book titles, poems and illustrations. I also will have information on my book series "Humble Stew" available, too.

Whooo's the Chicken Thief?

Whooo's the Chicken Thief?
My new book has arrived! Click image to order.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Forget Me Not

Written and Illustrated by Michael Broad
Forget Me Not is a story about a young elephant named Monty. The rain will be coming soon and there will be forget-me-nots everywhere she told Monty. What are forget-me-nots he asked her. She told him that they are little blue flowers and they help us remember. He wondered what he was supposed to remember - so she reminded him never to forget how much she loved him and to stay with the herd. Just as you might expect, Monty becomes distracted and forgets his mother's warning and loses his herd.  This is a heartwarming story that emphasizes the love between a mother and her child. The illustrations are beautifully done. The texture used for the elephants gives them a real to life feeling. The real flowers and forget-me-nots used in the illustrations are so pretty and fun.

No comments: