About Me

My photo
Hello friends; You have found the perfect blog if you enjoy reading fun stories for children and love great illustrations. Visit often and follow my blog as I expand with many more book titles, poems and illustrations. I also will have information on my book series "Humble Stew" available, too.

Whooo's the Chicken Thief?

Whooo's the Chicken Thief?
My new book has arrived! Click image to order.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sylvie

Written and Illustrated by Jennifer Sattler
This is such a cute story. It is an endearing story about Sylvie who is a flamingo. She wonders why everyone in her flamingo family is pink. Her mother explains to her that because they eat little pink shrimp, they turn pink. Sylvie who has a strong desire to be different, comes up with an idea. She eats a variety of things that turn her many colors including paisley. After awhile she doesn't feel so good or like herself much. So she decides to go back to eating little pink shrimp. The illustrations are colorful and fun. The playful use of color adds personality to Sylvie and the entire tone of the story.

No comments: