About Me

My photo
Hello friends; You have found the perfect blog if you enjoy reading fun stories for children and love great illustrations. Visit often and follow my blog as I expand with many more book titles, poems and illustrations. I also will have information on my book series "Humble Stew" available, too.

Whooo's the Chicken Thief?

Whooo's the Chicken Thief?
My new book has arrived! Click image to order.

Friday, September 5, 2008

THE KISSING HAND

Written by Audrey Penn
Illustrated by Ruth E. Harper and Nancy M. Leak

While The Kissing Hand holds the Ed Press Winner Seal for Excellence in Educational Publishing, you'll soon realize why once you start this delightful story.
Children and parents alike are faced sooner or later with separation from each other. Going to school for the first time can bring uncertainty and often time sadness. Through this heartwarming story, Mrs. Raccoon reassures her son, Chester, that going to school can be fun. She instills confidence in him while acknowledging his uncertainty with a loving solution. The illustrations are charming and show real feelings and expressions to impact the full meaning of the author's message.
I would encourage this delightful story to be included in any child's collection of bedtime favorites.
www.tanglewoodbooks.com/penn.html

No comments: